Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Writing Wednesday | Prompt 63


 I'm so sorry that I missed Writing Wednesday last week! Honestly, I've written nearly a full book in just two weeks and I didn't want to stop when I was on a roll. I'm so excited about my current WIP and can't wait to start releasing teasers soon. It's the serial, so it'll be posted on the blog as well :)


Prompt Sixty-Three- Electricity

In honor of my snow day and the fact that we lost power last night, I want a list of twelve things you can do without using electricity. You don't even have to explain too much, so long as we know what you're talking about. Go!


My response...

  1. Play checkers in the pale moonlight. Unless of course it's cloudy, in which case, play checkers in the flickering light of a candle.
  2. Have a seance. Which I totally did when I was a freshman in high school with my friends. We lit up a hundred candles in my bedroom and just danced around. Until my mom found us and made us blow out all but five. Damn, fire hazards.
  3. There's this thing called, outside. You can totally go there! Electricity free.
  4. Another old fashioned thing: books! And, no, not the kindle type or those on the kindle app. There's a thing called a paperback or hard cover and you can read it without any sort of tablet! 
  5. Snuggle with your dog on the couch and a warm blanket. Which I am completely guilty of doing for the past twenty-four hours.
  6. Any sort of board game is my kind of night. Hell, my friends and I play board games regularly anyway, without electricity. 
  7. Take a nap. 
  8. If you're used to interactive games like the WII, get into a game of charades. It uses your whole body, which counts as going to the gym (FYI), and it's super silly and fun. 
  9. Eat a ton of food and refuse to stop even when people call your a fatty. Of course, you must prepare the food before loss of power. And I guess in turn, the food is a result of electricity. So, maybe that ones out. But it's definitely my favorite.
  10. After twenty-four hours without electricity, you may start to have hallucinations. This is a great time to have a deep conversation with your significant other or loved ones. Shit can get real fast, so be prepared for topics from aliens to politics and even weirder like questions beginning with What if?
  11. ROTFL for no reason at all.
  12. Go for a walk because by this point you need to get the hell out of your electricity-less life.

post signature

Write your response in the comments below! Or just tell me what you think of the prompt!

Don't like this prompt? Want to do another? Check out some of my other prompts....

Prompt 62- Excuses 
Prompt 61- 9 Reasons
Prompt 60- Fake Blurb
Prompt 59- Little Box
Prompt 58- Word Search
Prompt 57- Dialogue 2.0
Prompt 56- Oracle's Den
Prompt 55- First Line Re-Write
Prompt 54- Dialogue
Prompt 53- No Sight
Prompt 52- Myth Retold
Prompt 51- Setting
Prompt 50- Picnic Gone Wrong
Prompt 49- Character Risks
Prompt 48- POV Switch
Prompt 47- First Days
Prompt 46- Photo Booth
Prompt 45- Yearbook
Prompt 44- Fairytale Re-imagined
Prompt 43- Sugar Deficit
Prompt 42- 3 Word Challenge
Prompt 41- Shore Fumed
Prompt 40- Phone Message
Prompt 39- Enemy
Prompt 38- Not The Marrying Kind
Prompt 37- Living Heart
Prompt 36- Computer Attack
Prompt 35- Ruby Angel
Prompt 34- Fired Girl
Prompt 33- Lights Out
Prompt 32- Risk
Prompt 31- Snow White
Prompt 30- Mystery Novel
Prompt 29- Break Up Letter
Prompt 28- Not Really Human
Prompt 27- Drill Time
Prompt 26- Old Flame
Prompt 25- Greedy Roommate
Prompt 24- Hockey Injury
Prompt 23- 10 Year Old Letter
Prompt 22- Two Minute Thinker
Prompt 21- Truth Telling
Prompt 20- New Years
Prompt 19- Alone for 7 Days
Prompt 18- Christmas Miracle
Prompt 17- Square One
Prompt 16- Stolen Lights
Prompt 15- Strange Reporting
Prompt 14- Thanksgiving
Prompt 13- Three Minute Free Write
Prompt 12- The Mind
Prompt 11- ABCs
Prompt 10- Mysterious Request
Prompt 9- Why Did You Do It?
Prompt 8- Dream Turned Reality
Prompt 7- Fortune Teller
Prompt 6- Ride Home
Prompt 5- Turned The Key
Prompt 4- Doug
Prompt 3- Nothing To Say
Prompt 2- Skydiving
Prompt 1- What's A Prompt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!