Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Writing Wednesday | Prompt 46


 Hi All! It's been a crazy busy week for me so far. I've got two covers completed, Wingless and The Broken Curse! I'm going to release the Wingless cover on Friday so make sure to check back in with me then. Also the manuscript for The Broken Curse is SO close to being done. I'm so happy with the progress I've made thus far. It's been a pleasure finishing up this series. So, let's take a quick break from our crazy busy lives and prompt together!


Prompt Forty-Six- Photo Booth
Okay, so this prompt is inspired by my wedding pictures, which I just got! We had a photobooth which was a blast, and today I want to use that for a prompt. Imagine two strangers happen to enter the same booth. Write a short story about what happens next.



My response...

The night is dragging on. I barely know Martha and Kevin, but I had at one point been in classes with Martha so I guess that counted. They invited me to their wedding, and with nothing else to do, I decided, why not?

Call me naive, but I thought these things were supposed to have hot single guys. I was wrong. I was at a table of eight, all appeared to be around my age--24. Stinky was to my left, followed by grumpy, snotty, uni brow man, annoying giggle girl, wannabe high school cheerleader, and my actual friend, Lacey.

But Lacey had found the one attractive guy in the place and left to find a closet or bathroom to do him. Wallowing in my own sorrow, I down the rest of my margarita and stand to grab another one. The bar is across the hall and on the way over, I see people stumbling in and out of the photo booth.

I definitely need a drink first. The bar is fairly empty, probably because everyone is on the dance floor. I grab my margarita and on my way back, I see the photo booth is empty. I decide to grab a boa and head in for the fun of it. At least, I'll get a cute little strip to remember this fabulous party. Note the sarcasm.

I get in from one side and sit down where the little plastic bench is. The countdown begins on the big screen in front of me and I raise my glass and smile. 3...2...1... I place my glass on the ground, and prepare for the next countdown. 

Just as it's about to hit 2, the curtain swings open and some man comes right into my room. I look at him in awe because I'm so confused why he's coming in on my picture taking. All of a sudden, the picture snaps as I'm staring at the man.

The third countdown begins and the man steps next to me. His blue eyes pierce me to my core and I'm left breathless. My heart stalls in my chest and I wait for him to make a move. The way he looks at me is predatory and fierce. 

He leans forward, kisses me on the lips, just as the picture snaps.

"What?" I ask as our lips break apart. But he just smiles wide and that's the other thing I see. My thoughts, my questions completely fade from my mind. 

The pictures snap again as we stare at each other. And again as he turns my face towards the circular camera and I smile. And again as we both laugh at each other like the best of friends. When the last picture is snapped, he gets out of the booth, holding the curtain so I can exit as well.

The attendant hands us each a copy of the strip. But before I can grab mine, the guy takes it from the attendants hand and uses one of the sharpies on the table to scribble something on the back. He hands it to me face down so I can't see the writing.

"It was nice to meet you," he says before kissing my lips very lightly. And then he leaves. Luckily, his number is scribbled on the back of the strip.
post signature
Write your response in the comments below! Or just tell me what you think of the prompt!

Don't like this prompt? Want to do another? Check out some of my other prompts....

Prompt 45- Yearbook
Prompt 44- Fairytale Re-imagined
Prompt 43- Sugar Deficit
Prompt 42- 3 Word Challenge
Prompt 41- Shore Fumed
Prompt 40- Phone Message
Prompt 39- Enemy
Prompt 38- Not The Marrying Kind
Prompt 37- Living Heart
Prompt 36- Computer Attack
Prompt 35- Ruby Angel
Prompt 34- Fired Girl
Prompt 33- Lights Out
Prompt 32- Risk
Prompt 31- Snow White
Prompt 30- Mystery Novel
Prompt 29- Break Up Letter
Prompt 28- Not Really Human
Prompt 27- Drill Time
Prompt 26- Old Flame
Prompt 25- Greedy Roommate
Prompt 24- Hockey Injury
Prompt 23- 10 Year Old Letter
Prompt 22- Two Minute Thinker
Prompt 21- Truth Telling
Prompt 20- New Years
Prompt 19- Alone for 7 Days
Prompt 18- Christmas Miracle
Prompt 17- Square One
Prompt 16- Stolen Lights
Prompt 15- Strange Reporting
Prompt 14- Thanksgiving
Prompt 13- Three Minute Free Write
Prompt 12- The Mind
Prompt 11- ABCs
Prompt 10- Mysterious Request
Prompt 9- Why Did You Do It?
Prompt 8- Dream Turned Reality
Prompt 7- Fortune Teller
Prompt 6- Ride Home
Prompt 5- Turned The Key
Prompt 4- Doug
Prompt 3- Nothing To Say
Prompt 2- Skydiving
Prompt 1- What's A Prompt?

2 comments:

Tell me what you think!