Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Writing Wednesday | Prompt 31

First of all, I want to give a HUGE shoutout to the UCONN huskies. Being a husky myself I have some major pride going on. How awesome where the men? How awesome where the women? The games have been distracting me from writing so it's nice to get back to work. Living off Ramen and basketball isn't really sustainable. I have a fun prompt for you today, so let's get to writing!
Prompt Thirty-One- Snow White Reboot

I really wanted to have fun today and I found this prompt on creativewritingprompts.com that fit the bill. Love that site! Your job is to re-write the story of Snow Write through the POV of Bashful, one of the seven dwarfs. Have fun with it, take on a new perspective and write a good story!
My response...

My cheeks heated as I saw the most beautiful thing in the world. My brothers and I watched as this tall person slept in my bed. My bed! I'm not sure why she chose to sleep there, but for some reason, it gave my stomach the tingles.
"Let's just wake her and kick her out!" Grumpy mumbled, clenching his fists. He's my best brother but at times, he's just mean. I don't blame him. If your true love walked out on you for a prince, you'd be pretty grumpy too. 
"Now take it down, Grumpy. We have to consider all of our options," Doc said. 
"Let's keep her. She looks so comfortable. I don't want to wake her!" Happy exclaimed. He reached forward and pulled the comforter over her slight body to shield her from the draft. Our house isn't anything special, with cracks in the ceiling, a barely warm fireplace and small beds, but it's ours.
The tall lady started to stir, most likely from these num-nuts talking so loud. I backed up a step to give her room and when her eyes darted open and met mine, the heat crept back up on me. I doubt my brothers noticed her gaze meet mine first, but I sure did.
"Who are you?" she asked. Her voice was soft and gentle like a mothers.
"Who are we?" Grumpy asked, his tone menacing. "Who are you? You're in our house, sleepin' in our beds, clean' up our stuff. Who are you?" He stepped towards her, pointing his fat finger and I couldn't take it. Her eyes fell and I knew he had upset her. Classic Grumpy.
"Now, Grumpy, just leave the lady alone," I said as I stepped between the two. "Let her explain 'fore you go pointing fingers and puttin' peoples down." I chanced a glance down and her bright blue eyes were locked on mine. My stomach churned in an uncomfortable way, but I sorta liked it. I nodded, urging her to explain her side of the story.
And boy did she. She explained how she was banished, threatened and ran through the woods. The lady doesn't even have shoes on! Her story just makes me want to run over to the kingdom and shake some sense into those dummies.
Most of the brothers moved downstairs to get ready for the night. Despite this girl showing up and staying, we had to go to work the next day in the mines and going there tired only led to disaster. I offered my bed to the lady and luckily, she shook her head, thanking me for my kindness.
I was just retreating down the short set of stairs when I felt her hand wrap around my arm. I turned back, hoping for I don't even know what, and she leaned forward and kissed my cheek. My eyes shut in shock as I felt her soft, gentle lips caress my skin.
"Thank you, Bashful," she said, blinking as she pulled back from me.
"I, uh, yeah, of course, it's not, it's not, it's no problem." I stumbled over my words. She kissed me!
post signature
Write your response in the comments section below or what you think of this prompt. 

Don't like this prompt? Want to do another? Check out my other prompts...

               Prompt 30- Mystery Novel

                    Prompt 29- Break up Letter

                        Prompt 28- Not Really Human

                              Prompt 27- Drill Time

                                   Prompt 26- Old Flame

                                   Prompt 25- Greedy Roommate

                              Prompt 24- Hockey Injury

                         Prompt 23- Ten Year Old Letter

                    Prompt 22- Two Minute Thinker

               Prompt 21- Truth Telling

          Prompt 20- Best New Years Ever

     Prompt 19- Alone for Seven Days

Prompt 18- Christmas Miracle

Prompt 17- Square One

     Prompt 16- Stolen Lights

          Prompt 15- Strange Reporting

               Prompt 14- Thanksgiving 2013

                    Prompt 13-  3 Minute Free Write

                         Prompt 12- The Mind

                              Prompt 11- ABC's

                                   Prompt 10- A Mysterious Request

                                   Prompt 9- Why Did You Do It?

                              Prompt 8- Dream Turned Reality
                         Prompt 7- Fortune Teller
                    Prompt 6- Hitching a Ride Home
               Prompt 5- He Turned The Key And Saw
          Prompt 4- Doug
     Prompt 3- They Had Nothing To Say
Prompt 2- Skydiving Secrets
Prompt 1- What's A Prompt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!