Here is my top ten list!
10. "Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul." --Joyce Carol Oates
9. "There is no friend as loyal as a book." --Ernest Hemingway
8. "We read to know that we are not alone." --C.S. Lewis
7. "No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance." --Confucius
6. "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." --Paul Sweeney
5. "Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world." --Jeanette Winterson
4. "When reading, we don't fall in love with the characters' appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls." --Anonymous
3. "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." --Joseph Brodsky
2. "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." --Joseph Addison
1. "Reading is dreaming with open eyes." --Yoyo
I think these quotes would be my favorites. Do you have a favorite reading quote? So many authors have said great things about reading. Personally, I was thinking about getting a tattoo with my number one quote. I just really love how people perceive reading.
Comment with your favorite quote!