Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Writing Wednesday | Warm ups




It's our weekly round-up! How is everyone doing? It's hump day and let me tell you, I'm feeling it. Instead of writing an exercise for you guys, I'm going to do some warm ups. These are great if you have a little writers block or just need to get into the writing mood.
Exercise One- Speed Rounds

For these warm ups you will write in stream of consciousness and there is no editing allowed. All you do is write. Oh, and make sure to have a timer or alarm so you aren't checking the clock.

1. Find an object on your desk and write about it for two minutes.
2. Look out the window and write about the first thing you see for three minutes.
3. Write for five minutes about the last book you read.
4. Write for five minutes about your favorite recurring day dream.
5. Write for five minutes about gardening even if you've never done it.
6. Write in the first person for seven minutes about what it's like to be a pirate.
7. Write for seven minutes about yourself from your pet's perspective. 
8. Write for eight minutes in the first person about your life in and 1865 log cabin.
9. Write for four minutes about the first day of school.
10. Write for ten minutes about when you realized you wanted to be a writer. 

Exercise Two- Kountdown

This is a game from the UK that's super fun and gets your brain in writing mode. Use the website and then use those words to write a prompt with them. 


The instructions are on the website and easy to follow. Play a few games to get the juices flowing and let me know how it goes! 

7 comments:

  1. I love editing prompts and exercises. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, smartphone. I meant WRITING prompts!

      Delete
    2. Me too! Thanks for stopping by! You should try the game I posted as exercise two. It's super fun to play and you come up with crazy words. :)

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    Go on over to my blog - colormeprettyrunmebeautiful.blogspot.com - to check out the details!
    -Britney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Britney! I LOVE your blog. I'll definitely write something up for the award soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Taylor. Congratulations! Yesterday I nominated you for a 'Very Inspiring Blogger' award. (myfirstnovelnoworkingtitleyet.blogspot.co.uk/).

    This post proves why you deserve it! Congratulations on your Liebster Award as well.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teagan! I will definitely write up a post soon reflecting on the award and link back to you. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think!