Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Update!

Hello all! It has been a long, long, long, long week. I can't express that enough- clearly. I've been doing really well at camp but I'll leave that update until Monday. I've edited 26 chapters of The Thousand Year Curse so only four and the epilogue to go and then it's off to a final beta reader. At this rate, the book may be out by August. FINALLY!

I'm focusing mostly on the second book in the curse books, The Curse of Betrayal. I've written up to 8,000 words and hopefully I can get my act together and write another thousand today. I doubt it though because I'm sitting in my air conditioned house with the netflix ready to go. :)

To be honest, I don't really have a good teaser for you all. I've been too focused on my editing- Friday came so fast. Here's a random little part from the beginning of the story. Ryder's meeting "green eyes" for the first time.


One guy notices me and his eyes shoot up. Oh my god. He’s the green eyed man from my dream. He doesn’t move either as he stares at me, open mouthed. He starts walking towards me his eyes never wavering. I don’t have any idea what to do so I stay put, frozen. He recognizes me—he has to. His look is creepy filled with emotion but I’m not scared.
He stops when he’s about a foot away from me reaching his hand up to touch my face. He simply places his hand to my cheek as if checking to see if I am real. A sense of de ja vu overwhelms me. He leans in like he’s going to kiss me and that knocks me out of my trance. I can’t let this stranger kiss me. 
“I- I’m sorry.” I whisper backing up with both hands up in warning. I do a full turn before bolting down the hall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!