Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 29

Camp NaNoWriMo
Day 29 7/29/13

Hey guys! I have some pretty darn fabulous news. I finished!!!!!! Not only did I reach my 50,000 goal for one month but I also finished my book. Although towards the end, I got eager and wanted to get the timeline set up so I just wrote scenes. Either way I've got the entire second book in the Curse Series penned.

I thought since this is the last week to Camp I would write my word counts out. I don't know- it might be helpful to someone seeing patterns. Here we go... My writing journey counted out!

(Just so you guys know, I made sure to write in my word count whenever I wrote, meaning there aren't any days that I forgot and just added onto another. It's all as I wrote it.)


7/1- 2,325
7/2- 4,015
7/3- 6,284
7/4- 8,175
7/9- 13,527
7/10- 16,349
7/11- 17,632
7/12- 22,544
7/13- 23,870
7/16- 26,407
7/17- 29,224
7/22- 40,759
7/23- 43,048
7/24- 44,463
7/25- 45,319
7/26- 47,338
7/28- 50,116

You can kind of tell that I got off to a slow start, towards the middle I had a major peak and then towards the end was slow again. I don't know what that means but it's pretty cool to see how I write in word count.

Consensus on Camp NaNoWriMo

I loved it. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first. I didn't think that I would be able to write that much in one month. I didn't think that I would feel motivated to finish my book even though prior to camp, I had been stuck in a rut with the novel.

I was amazed by the community within Camp. My cabin mates changed a few times as some people left and new people came in. I have to admit that next time, I would find other people through google+ who were taking camp and cabin up with them.

The only reason because some people in my cabin were pretty inactive and didn't really talk much. I had a few in camp who never said a single word or updated their word count. I don't know why they'd go to the camp if they weren't going to participate but that's just me.

I loved the fact that it showed your stats throughout the weeks. You had a stats page where it showed your average words per day, how many you write a day, your total words, your target words, your words remaining, what day it was and how many were left and if you stayed at the pace you were, what day you would finish on.

I thought that was great because I would try to stay on track as much as possible. I liked seeing what day it said and trying to make my finish date sooner. It was really helpful to see how I was doing as I was going along. When I was ahead I felt accomplished and wanted to write more and when I was behind, I knew I had to kick my butt and start writing.

Overall, if you're a writer, you should give it a try. I'm definitely one of those people who lack motivation if I'm really not feeling it. Camp NaNoWriMo is an awesome way to get a book written fast and well. I'm so happy with my work and am ready to move into the editing phase.

GO TO CAMP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!