Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Editing Process | Starting Edit 3

Today I have decided to revisit, The Thousand Year Curse. This is book one in my curses series. I took about two weeks off from it and refused to look at it. I have some friends editing it but personally I ignored it. Today I think I am going to print it and edit it, for the last time. I'm not sure why it even needs another edit. This will be the third physical print I have done. Thankfully, I am in college so I can print for free in the library.

Perks!

I feel like I want to add some new things. I want more dialogue. I'm not sure though. I have always heard that you shouldn't add things to your book. Editing should always been cutting it down and taking words out. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I will just go with the flow. However, I am excited because I'll be one step closer to finishing this project.

Editing is such a pain in the butt. I went on amazon's create space which is a self publishing website. It is really great. You can pick what to do, if you want an editor, designer etc. However, when I looked, it was crazy expensive. To have a person edit it just for grammar, it was like 2,000 dollars.

My manuscript is 90,000 words so it costs more. I don't have that kind of money! I'm a freaking student. Anyways, I feel a little defeated. I feel like my book is so good! I just need a little extra. I want to put it out there ASAP but I want it to be perfect. I guess I should start saving some money. :(

In the meantime, here I come edit 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!