Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 13, 2013

A Reliant Love | Teaser Two

Burrrr. How are you all getting through this cold day? If you live down south where it's nice and warm I officially hate you... Just kidding but I am jealous. :( Anyway, it's Friday so we all know what that means!

TEASER TIME!

I still haven't gotten back my Betrayal edits so Reliant Love it is. This is probably going to end up being the second chapter of the book. It's when Pete and Nathalie first meet! I love their relationship and how it grows in the book. Here's their first encounter. 
P.S. There's swearing and this novel is for 18+ so beware.

I pull out my cell from my front pocket and dial my best friend.
“Are you alive? Why didn’t you call me when you got there? I’m fucking living through you, Natty.” She rattles off in rapid succession.
“I’m fine but this place sucks. I think I have to come home.” I tell her, being a bit dramatic I have to admit. Plus I’d never go back home just because I can’t get my shit together. That’s the last place I’d go back to.
“What? What’s wrong?” 
“This place is awful. I’m basically in the ghetto. Plus, I’m all alone and I can’t get my couch upstairs.” I hug the phone to my ear, complaining to her.
“I’m sorry—“ but I tune out for the rest of her words as a guy waltzes right into my view.
“Do you need some help?” He asks me, making me turn towards him. He’s drop dead gorgeous. His eyes are shielded from a baseball cap but his short blonde hair peeks out from the edges. He’s large and muscly but not in an intimidating way. His voice melts like butter off his tongue.
“No. It’s alright.” I tell him but the voice in my ear starts yelling at me to take the help. Then she starts saying I can pay him in sex. I press the side button and turn her down so this guy doesn’t hear her and think I’m a hooker or something.
“How are you getting this up there?” His thick eyebrows pinch together, leaving a crease up his forehead.
“How do you even know where I live?” I ask him back defensively. Has this guy been watching me? I sure as shit hope not because he didn’t offer to help with my other stuff. 
He picks up on my stalker suspicions. “Hey, relax. I’m Pete.” He holds out his hand for me to take and I look down at it. “Your new neighbor.”

So what do you all think? What are your vibes from the characters? Do you like Nathalie and Pete so far? What are your expectations? I'm so excited for you all to see the cover which I'm revealing, NEXT WEEK, December 20th. Oh my gosh that's so soon! I'm going crazy waiting for you all to see it.

Also... if you guys have a second, take my survey. I want to get your responses and figure out what to giveaway as the new year comes up. All of your feedback is important to me. So here's a link, I promise it will take like a minute and a half TOPS. Take my survey please and I'll love you forever!

If you asked for a bookmark, I'm sending out the huge stack today so check your mailboxes. When you get them, take a pic so I know they made it safely. Thanks to all of you who responded on my Facebook and requested one. You're all the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!