Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Best Adjectives Ever




Hello All! I'm back again and hoping to get back on my feet. The loss of my computer was a pain but I'm over it and moving on. *tear* Anyways, I figured today I would create a fun list of my favorite adjectives.

Personally, I think adjectives are what make a book either superb or just okay. The descriptions and the feelings can all be enhanced by use of adjectives. Also, how much do we all hate adverbs and adjectives ending in ly. Here's 50 of my favorites!

  1. Adamant
  2. Boorish
  3. Fastidious
  4. Execrable
  5. Obtuse
  6. Luminous
  7. Querulous
  8. Tenacious
  9. Zealous
  10. Serpentine


11. Voracious
12. Loquacious
13. Jocular
14. Insidious
15. Defamatory
16. Arcadian
17. Cheeky
18. Debonair
19. Hypnotic
20. Omnipotent


21. Conscientious
22. Awkward
23. Dank
24. Disgruntled
25. Melancholy
26. Naive
27. Witty
28. Hubristic
29. Minatory
30. Petulant

31. Rhadamanthine
32. Uxorious
33. Wheedling
34. Strident
35. Irksome
36. Egregious
37. Fulsome
38. Calamitous
39. Adroit
40. Noxious


41. Pervasive
42. Puckish
43. Literatim
44. Languid
45. Ensanguined
46. Rabbity
47. Rancid
48. Swank
49. Extraneous
50. Autarchic

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Some great adjectives here! Do you really know what they all mean? I'm impressed if you do. I'll have to look some of them up myself. Like rhadamanthine. Never heard of it!
    Thanks for this list. I'll try to use some of them in my work. Perhaps I'll look intelligent.
    Christine
    cicampbellblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what they mean now! I looked them up in a thesaurus :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think!