Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Writing Exercises | 7 X 7 X 7




Hello again, it's wednesday. The days have been going by so fast! I found this exercise on Huffington Post. I think it's super creative and really fun. I suck in the poem department so I love any excuse to hone in on those skills and sharpen them.


You have to be at home, or near a bookcase for this one. Pick the seventh book from the left (or right, it doesn't really matter). Open up to page seven. Find the seventh sentence and write it down. Use that sentence to start the poem and branch off from there! 

Here, I did it with A Game of Thrones by George R Martin...

"Will made no sound as he climbed"

Up the tree he went
To the tippy top
Wanting to see the world
through a new set of eyes

The sky was saphire
the sun shining bright
Beautiful was the only word
he could come up with

At a time like this
with the world at his finger tips
he wished he had someone 
to share it with

Loneliness washed over him
a sense of regret filling his every bone
Oh, how he wanted someone
to love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!