Hey guys! For those of you who follow my blog, this teaser will look kind of familiar. Yesterday I posted a writing exercise that had to do with character development. I thought that since I'm running out of actual book snippets- without giving the whole story away, I'd do the exercise with my main character! Here we go!!
- Anxious in social situations
- Wants to be accepted by peers
- Trust problems rooting from a missing mother
- Nurturing Qualities
- Follows her heart
- Dreams to get away from her small town
- Loyal to a fault
- Likes therapy
- Enjoys partying
- Hates her dad
- Hates music
- Looking for love
- Enjoys extra hot showers
- Wishes on stars
- Blushes at everything
- Misses out on high school experiences
- Old soul
- Wants a dog
- Dreams of snuggling with a guy at the movies
- Likes routine in her life
- Female, white, no siblings, dad only- good relationship, smart, affluent town.
- 17, senior in high school, brown hair, blue/green eyes-always changing, 5'2'', small frame, hates to be singled out, bullied, fear of being alone, trust and loyalty are best traits.
- Wants to be accepted yet she doesn't try to fit in.
- Isn't talented or have skills but she feels special or different than others.
- Doesn't trust people yet follows her heart and wants to be in love someday.
What animal is she and why?
- Golden retriever- She is loyal, loving, craves attention, aims to please, wants love, playful, homebody, likes to walk/run.
How can I stop the hurt inside me?
The constant torment,
the verbal lashings.
What have I done to deserve this?
Do I leave?
Do I run?
Do I fight back?
I'm tired of this weighing on me
every second of every day.
I need to be me.
Please, accept me for me.