Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Update

Hey all! I have been missing in action lately. I have gotten another terrible cold. This winter season has hit me very hard, twice! I think I just have bad luck. I am starting to feel better, thank god. Giving you all an update on what is to come.

This week I am going to try and finish up a couple beta reads I have going on. I am also going to write some good blog posts. Either tonight or tomorrow I am going to write about narratives. I've had a lot of people questioning whether they should do first person, or third, or present or past tense. I've been researching what works so I'll write on that.

Later in the week, I am going to write about author biographies. As I am sending out manuscripts and getting my format together, writing a good biography is harder than I thought. I am  going to write a little about what to say and what not to. Also what format woks and the different between your query letter and the back flap.

I think to finish up the week I am going to write about constructive criticism. I have found through my beta reading that some people take what we say personally. I totally get it, your book is your baby, but we only say this to help. I'm going to write about what is helpful and what's just mean. Also what to do with your marked up manuscript. What to fix and what to leave be. Very useful information!

Thanks for bearing with me this week while I have been missing. Thankfully I am starting to feel better. Thanks for helping me make it to one thousand, too! So excited to get so much feedback. Off to work now. Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!