Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 16, 2013

My First Beta Reading

So I have been working really hard over here. I gave my book out to five different people to read. The first person I found on google+. He has been working over the google drive editing. I am going to have to write an entry about that because it is really great. Anyway, I believe he has done three chapters so far. I enjoy watching him edit.

I also joined a critique group. This is great because I was paired up with three other people. That right there is enough to beta read. Anyway we all read each others book and edit them. So my book is out to those people right now.


I found another professional editor who was willing to edit the first two chapters of my book for free. Of course I took him up on that since it is free. I got all of his feedback via email. I love getting critiques back. So far it has been a really positive response to the book.

I think with beta reading it is a lot less about editing little things. It's a lot about the big picture. Are there any plot holes. What are the characters like? I think that's important stuff! You can always go back in and comb through the grammar. The meat and potatoes is the story line.

I finished one book from my critique group today. It was a young adult suspense book. While I was beta reading, let me say this was my first experience with it, I found I liked it. It made me really read each sentence. I think a lot of times when we read for pleasure we skip and read the good parts. I have to say I enjoyed the book that I read.

I can't wait to get my book back from all of these readers! I want to hear what they think so badly, I check my email almost constantly. I will be sure to keep you guys posted. Oh and stay tuned, tomorrow I will write a post on the google drive. It's a great tool to use if done right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!