- You have to sign up. There's two options: the free one and the premium. I've only been on the site for a few days, but I'm still under the free membership.
- Make sure to pimp out your profile. You don't have to give away any private information, but it helps that people know what you like to critique, what you write, and a little bit about yourself. There's also a little brag area, so take advantage of it.
- After you've set up your profile, you're pretty much set to go. The interface is pretty straightforward. The tabs on the top bar: Writing, Authors, Groups, Forum, etc all will take you where you need to go.
- The big thing that you need to know about is Karma. This is their currency. You need 5 karma to post a piece of work for critique. To gain Karma, you have to critique other people's work. It makes it fair.
- Join groups, meet people, and hop in on the forums. The more you are present, the more people will look at your profile and crit your work. This is huge! Make friends. This website is a community and if you're absent, your experience will not be as fufilling.
- Your job on the site is to critique some work, write, post your writing, and start all over again. In the middle, meet some people, thank them for critting you, and just be around. ALSO: when you publish on the site, you still maintain your first publishing card